PCC Oxidation Technologies (Process Combustion Corporation), Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- PCC designs, engineers, and supplies thermal oxidizers, afterburners, incineration systems, and bio-filtration technology that destroys liquids, gases, fumes, vapors, and malodorous compounds.
- Systems experience in hazardous waste incineration, VOC destruction, and acid gas systems is complemented by knowledge, understanding and practical know-how of heat recovery boilers, heat exchangers, wet scrubbers, baghouses, and electrostatic precipitators
PCC thermal oxidizers operate on the principle - which is thermally promoting an oxidation reaction between the pollutant compound in the exhaust gas and the available oxygen.
- Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer– thermal oxidizer without heat recovery
- Recuperative Thermal Oxidizer(Afterburner) – direct fired thermal oxidizer with downstream heat recovery equipment such as gas- to-gas heat exchangers, waste heat recovery boilers, gas to liquid heat exchangers to maximize the overall system efficiency.
- Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTOs) – RTO’s destroy Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's) and odorous emissions. PCC's systems achieve emission destruction through the process of high temperature thermal oxidation, utilizing the 3 T's of Destruction, Time, Temperature and Turbulence, at the proper oxygen level to convert the pollutants into carbon dioxide and water vapor. PCC's RTOs are designed to repurpose the thermal energy generated during operation, reducing the energy consumption and operating costs.
- Flameless Thermal Oxidizers - Process Combustion Corporation's Flameless Thermal Oxidizer (FTO) systems are the best solution for applications that require the highest Destruction Removal Efficiencies (DRE) and lowest NOx emissions. Each FTO is fully automated and engineered to accept the full range of waste gas compositions and flow rates generated by our customer's manufacturing process.
Dual-BioPhase™ Bio Oxidation:
The Dual-BioPhase™ design utilizes a unique synthetic media on which contaminant degrading microorganisms are immobilized as biofilm.
- As air flows through the bed of media, the contaminant comes in contact with the active biofilms thus degrading the pollutant compounds. A continuous flow of water trickles through the media bed to keep the biofilms biologically active and free of biomass build up.
- Inlet waste gas temperature is typically in an ambient temperature range of 40°F – 200°F. Temperatures exceeding the design limitation can be adjusted by air mixing, quenching or heat exchanging, as required for each specific application.
Vapor phase activated carbon adsorbers:
Ideal for eliminating or minimizing the VOC emissions from a wide range of industrial processes including:
- Efficienttreatment of vapor streams with low VOC levels
- Flexiblefor both continuous and batch operations
- Provento remove VOCs, including Halogenated Organics & BTEX
- Suitablefor a wide range of waste gas flow rates, from 20 cfm to >20,000 cfm
Process Combustion’s vapor combustors are a simple, effective means of processing gaseous streams that cannot be emitted to the atmosphere. In addition to being a cost-conscious solution, our equipment is designed to maximize fuel efficiency while offering operational flexibility in terms of processing potentially variable flows and compositions within the customer’s criteria.
50 years of experience and technology development give us a unique competitive advantage in wet scrubber design and acid gas controls. Innovations and achievements over the years include:
- More than 1,400 wet scrubber installations, including 300 flue gas desulfurization (SO2) units
- Supplier of acid gas scrubbing systems utilizing a variety of reagents
- Advanced venturi designs
- Increased control and absorption efficiencies
- Customer Satisfaction